What are the two purposes of an OSPF router ID? (Choose two.)
- to facilitate the establishment of network convergence
- to uniquely identify the router within the OSPF domain
- to facilitate the transition of the OSPF neighbor state to Full
- to facilitate router participation in the election of the designated router
- to enable the SPF algorithm to determine the lowest cost path to remote networks
Answers Explanation & Hints:
OSPF router ID does not contribute to SPF algorithm calculations, nor does it facilitate the transition of the OSPF neighbor state to Full. Although the router ID is contained within OSPF messages when router adjacencies are being established, it has no bearing on the actual convergence process.