Linux Essentials 2.0 & 2.21 | Working in Linux Module 3 | Chapter 03 Exam Answers Full 100%
The Samba application is a:
- File Server
- Mail Server
- Security Server
- Web Server
Which of the following are examples of desktop software?(choose two)
- Web browser
- Music player
- File share
- Web server
If you wanted to set up a blog, which software would be most helpful?
Which of the following pieces of software deal with file sharing?(choose three)
If you wanted to create and print an invoice, which software could you use?
POP and IMAP are related to:
- Letting users log in to multiple servers with 1 set of credentials
- Reading and writing music
- Serving web pages
- Sharing files
When a computer boots, it can get its network information through:
Which of the following are examples of text editors?
A package manager:(choose two)
- Performs a fresh install of Linux
- Keeps track of which files belong to which packages
- Downloads software from the Internet
- Emails you when software is out of date
- Can optionally repartition your disk to make room for Linux
An interpreted programming language: (choose two)
- Tends to offer more features than compiled languages
- Is converted into machine specific instructions as the program runs
- Requires a compilation step but no linking step
- Requires a linking step but no compilation step
- Takes fewer resources to run than a compiled language
Which of the following are true about compiled programming languages?
- C is a compiled language
- Ruby is a compiled language
- Perl is a compiled language
- A programmer is usually more productive when using a compiled language
- Compiled languages are great for system administration tasks like scripting
Which package manager is used in Fedora, a Red Hat derived system?
The Linux shell:
- Is responsible for tracking the location of configuration files
- Is customizable
- Has a built-in text editor
- Has a scripting language
- Allows you to launch programs
Which application would you use to edit and piece together sound files to make a podcast?
The two main families of Linux shells are:
- C Shell
- Bourne Shell
- Python Shell
- Korn shell
Which server software would you use to create a company directory that you could search and authenticate against?
- ISC DHCP
A Mail Transfer Agent’s primary purpose is to:
- Deliver mail between servers
- Manage the end user’s inbox
- Filter out spam
- Serve email to end clients
- Act as a gateway between faxes and email
Which of the following are examples of a web server?
If you wanted to let a Linux machine share files with Windows clients and servers, you would use:
- Many users can share one hard drive
- A machine can swap memory to disk
- A user can connect to a server over the network and use a virtual console
- Two users get different memory spaces on the same machine
- A single host can be split up into multiple guests
In virtualization, what are the host and guest? (choose two)
- A guest is a virtual machine
- The guest is the machine that runs the virtual machines
- A host is a virtual machine
- The terms can be used interchangeably
- The host is the machine that runs the virtual machines
Which of the following are traits of cloud computing? (choose two)
- Scales IT resources so you pay for what you use
- Only Linux works in cloud computing
- You don’t have to worry about performance any more
- You own the hardware but pay for it over time
- Resources can be accessed from anywhere over a network
If you wanted to write a report that was to be printed, you would probably use:
- Adobe Flash
- A wiki
To protect your privacy online, you can configure your computer to check for updates periodically. True or False?
Which of the following is a tool that helps you anonymize your Internet browsing?
- Tor Browser
- Web proxy
Cloud computing is:
- All are correct
- Is made possible by faster internet speeds
- Requires fewer resources because systems are shared among many users
- Allows users in different geographical regions to work together in real time
- Is useful for both business and home users
The term for individual computers running multiple systems at the same time is:
- Cloud priority
Which of the following are traits of a multiuser operating system?
- Many users can log in simultaneously with a unique account
- Users can protect their information from other users
- An administrative user gets a dedicated CPU
- Resources are shared between users
- Each user can only log in once per day
If you want to store logins and passwords for different websites in a secure manner, you could use:
- In a spiral bound notebook in your file cabinet
- A text file in your home directory
- A LibreOffice document
- A sticky note on your monitor
Two components that provide the ability to implement a firewall include:
What are tradeoffs of increasing the level of privacy you have in your web browser?
- Images won’t load properly
- Sites may not work properly
- You may get viruses
- Websites may load slower
- You may have to explicitly permit some cookies to be saved
Social network “like” buttons can track your activity across the Internet.
True or False?
Which of the following are properties of a strong password?
- Based on easy to remember items like birthdays
- Includes symbols
- At least 10 characters long
- A mix of upper and lower case
- Long so that it can be reused on multiple sites
What can be done to prevent unauthorized users from accessing your computer remotely?
- Use strong passwords on all user accounts
- Don’t use wireless networks – only wired
- Block all cookies
- Turn on a firewall
- Block third party cookies
In graphical mode, you can get to a shell by running which applications?
View all comments